I am announcing our crowdfunding campaign for LaunchLeader (SIVI).
This is part of a contest for Revtech Applicants. Revtech (formerly VentureSpur) is a startup accelerator focuses on the Retail & Restaurant Sectors here in North Texas. Launch Leader is a product if SIVI an online incubator for startups.
LaunchLeader is donation-based and donors who fund an entrepreneur, team or startup DO NOT get any return. Unlike IndieGoGo or Kickstarter, LaunchLeader is for startups who have not yet developed or completed their prototype. I am very happy to see something like this myself as I have always noted the terrible gap here where so many ideas may go to waste for lack of funding to get the basic prototype ready. I hope this sets a trend like Y-Combinator & Kicstarter so there is a mix of donation based and investment based platforms like this to cover the need.
Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with either Revtech or SIVI.
ShoppeThat is raising funds to help accelerate the Beta phase & acquire more merchants faster so we can proceed onto the next stage sooner.
With LaunchLeader you can donate to only one “Tool” or part of the overall campaign at a time, further each startup using LaunchLeader that receives donations has to post updates to show where the funds are going.
Despite the Revtech Contest being over on June 2, the Crowdfund Campaign can last 30 days after receipt of the first donation.
Here our 3 Tools ( campaign sections if you will)
- Custom Content Management System & Responsive Front End Redesign (includes email, landing pages & important marketing systems)
- Advertising System (Google Shopping, Facebook Product Ads, Print & Digital Catalog Infrastructure, Re-targeting & Merchant Adverting Subscription Systems)
- Misc. Marketing Expenses (PR & some paid ads etc..)
To have a better idea about the campaign goals & some more insights into the goals of ShoppeThat please take a look at the YouTube Video (only a slide show) or visit the SlideShare link here.
Here is the campaign page for Launch Leader
A brief re-cap of the Beta
We are in a Beta for now until certain features are developed launched & tested. Remember:
- During the first part of this Beta the site is FREE to merchants! Yes free in early Beta! We monetize later in Beta!
- Your items are live – the site is functional for selling as of this moment – upload a store with 2500 items as part of the test – those items are live & for sale!!
- Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (new Merchant Specific Email) for your questions/report bugs & work with me to bet past Beta!
As for the features being added these are:
- New Listing importer system (Google Shopping, Bonanza, TheFind, Etsy with eBay Turbo Lister & File Exchange, Amazon listing & inventory loaders, Amazon Pro Webstore feed export &many more formats coming later – we’ll just keep adding more & more indefinitely actually – the system is extension based – its one core with format extensions that can be added later easily – we will be adding sync & queue capacity as well as several file updates with custom “ShoppeThat Columns” as well as replace the old bulk lister plus mass update & reporting crons for your items that email you with changes you need to make)
- Shopping Cart – similar to eBay’s buy multiple products at once – still have to each merchant separately (this wont change until much later) – it will also have receipts & a widget for sharing what you just bought like Amazon does
- CMS/Front end Redesign – will let users post buying guides & reviews for products like eBay/Amazon, also supports product department landing pages, will provide category data & articles & the site will have a brand new look that works on mobile device
- Advertising System – similar to what Bonanza has but with support for catalogs & Facebook Product Ads (see above)
After all this is finished hopefully with the help of some crowdfunding & we get our listing volume to a minimum defined in our timeline – we proceed to the next stage of our goals!!
Please join and support our efforts to get past MVP/Beta Visit the LaunchLeader page, make some donations, watch our progress & participate in our live interactive Beta Launch! Benefit from the Free Early Beta as well
If you are not already registered for ShoppeThat create an account or sign in.